Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stray Marvels: Operation Ivy - "Missionary"


Back in September, I went to a wedding in Timmins (hometown of country-pop superstar Shania Twain) with my girlfriend and her parents. I hadn't met any of this side of the family before (including the soon-to-be married couple) but all were very pleasant and welcoming. To make a long story short: the service went well, the food was good, and before I knew it we were back in the car for our 9-hour return trip to Toronto.

Fast forward to a week or two ago when we received a letter informing us that the recently married couple was intending to sell off all their possessions, leave their comforts and dedicate their lives to spreading the word of God in Mali (an African country where the population is already 90% Muslim). The letter ends by asking for donations to help support the trek.

When I heard the news this song immediately popped into my head. It sort of sums up my problems with missionary work more eloquently than I ever could.

Operation Ivy - "Missionary"

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment